1/2 a butternut pumpkin
1/2 a large sweet potato
1 clove of garlic
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon cardamom
500ml chicken stock
500g chicken thigh
1 jar tandoori paste
2 tablespoons of yogurt
1. Dice and mix chicken with tandoori paste and yogurt.
Set aside for 20 minutes
2. Dice carrots, onion, pumpkin and sweet potato. Crush and chop garlic
3. sweat off all your veggies in a pot until your onion is soft.
4. Add your spice mix to the pot. Cook out on medium heat for 5 minutes
5. Add your chicken stock to the pot. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered
6. Prep heat oven to 200'C. Roast chicken for 30 minutes or until cooked through
7. Blend your vegetables, spices and stock until smooth. Like a thick pumpkin soup
8. Add your chicken to your pot. Using all the juice from roasting tray. Stir through until combined
9. Serve with rice
Cuy - South American deliciousness
Guinea pig 1 per person
100g cumin seeds
20gs flake salt
20gs black pepper
Roast spice mix in a hot oven for 5 minutes
Blend roast spice mix and mix though flour.
Pat guinea pig with flour mix and pan fried in olive oil.
Turning to cook and both sides.
1. buy fresh lasagna sheets and cut.
2. buy dried pappadelle and cook.
3. Go the whole hog and make the pasta. Not that hard.
- 375g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4 eggs
1. Sift flour and salt together onto a work surface.
2. Make a well and crack your eggs into the well.
3. Use a fork to whisk together.
4. Until you can touch without the dough sticking to your fingers.
5. Knead for 8 minutes.
6. Split the dough into 4.
7. Wrap in plastic and cover with a damp tea towel.
8. Leave for ten minutes.
9. Roll each piece through your pasta maker till nice and thin. Usually to number 6 or 7.
10. Cut into the size strips you require.
11. Lay on your tea towel not allowing them to touch.
12. Leave for 15 minutes.
13. Cook in boiling water till tender. About 10 minutes.
Mix with your sauce and enjoy.
The Ultimate Sandwich
Made on white bread
Wrapped in bacon
The University of Newcastle
Callaghan, NSW 2308
Office: 02 4921 5555
Sales: 02 4985 4166
News: 02 4985 4142
Competition line: 02 4921 6216
Birthday Box: 02 4921 6789
Traffic Text: 0418 528 535